Statement of purpose is one of the main thing on the basis of which you will be selected for any scholarship. Here are some of the main points you need to keep in mind while writing a statement of purpose.
- Passion: do not show that you are bored of your daily life because of which you are applying for the scholarship rather you show your passion that you want to work and you want change.
- Intelligence: showing intelligence does not mean that you use the strong vocabulary rather use the simplest words and convince the reader what you say in the best possible way.
- Prepared: be prepared academically, mentally. Show some back ground of the subject you are applying for, for example you have the work experience of the subject you are applying for, show some interest using pragmatic approach.
- Include Challenges you Face: jot down all the challenges you face, keep in mind that you do not personalize it because showing sympathy is not the purpose of this statement, do not mention you belong to a family having weak financial back ground or you are an orphan etc. rather point down all the challenges you face while doing some community work etc.
- Future Rep of that School: how would you be representing the school you will attend when you come back from the other country. Include all those aim which you will be doing when you will be graduated from the high school/ university.
Along with the do not forget to include the following points
What’s in it for Pakistan/ USA?
And specifically you gonna do when you come back.
Many things go around us unnoticed, but at the end when we have to face to result it really hurts, same are the things going around us in our daily lives, from dawn to dusk, but many few bother to take notice of such thing, is it so? Here goes a perfect example.
An educated child leads to the bright future of the family, the uneducated child results in an undefined future of the child, there are many examples around us where we see many of the children picking up garbage and begging others, wiping the vehicles when the signals at the road side are stopped, these are few of the many examples which create a very despair feeling, it’s really hectic to see, those who must be in school have only heard the word, those who must be busy with the books are busy with collecting rappers and garbage, wiping the vehicles, whole day and in the evening sitting on road side and fill their appetites with the remains of the restaurants and hotels unknown of the next day whether they get something in the morning to eat or not.
Such a child is becoming the alarming factor for the whole society and his life would be obviously insecure from all aspects, food insecurity, health insecurity, and in fact future of the whole family would be totally insecure. Seeing such kids round and around really gives me pain knowing that their future would be that of beggar and a garbage piker.
Anybody who have ever thought of the future of such a kid? it really gives me pain, can I do something nothing else than expressing the pain of the such innocent children in words, due to resource constraint it’s impossible to do so and no other individual can do anything, except for a collective effort, the question arises here is that, how this effort can be gathered, the obviously answer is that the central authority is the regulatory authority of the such issues, what if this is most inefficient body, here comes the role of the common man who can do anything through consultation with the people around him.
Thus we can only save the future of the nation and the country through collective efforts so as to have the bright ahead. And together we can make difference.